A unique opportunity to develop practical skills that can help you succeed in employment and life!
For Metro Vancouver Youth between the ages of 14-19 who are Indigenous, racialized, living with a disability or LGBTQ2+
Our Youth Leadership program gives youth that face barriers a unique opportunity to develop practical skills that help them to succeed in employment and life.
Red Fox creates a supportive environment that empowers youth to build their knowledge, skills and confidence, –while also having fun!
Youth Leaders receive training and mentoring from Red Fox staff and Youth Interns, while gaining hands-on work experience in Red Fox’s children’s programs. The Youth Leadership program is individualized to fit the needs of each youth and this model has worked for hundreds of youth since 2007.
The Youth Leadership program is for youths aged 11-19, and currently runs throughout the year across 6 municipalities in the Lower Mainland: Vancouver, Surrey, Delta, North Vancouver, New Westminster and Maple Ridge.
Youth Leaders benefit from:
- Work experience in Red Fox’s Active Play and other children’s programs
- A variety of life-skills and employment training workshops, on physical literacy, leadership, financial and digital literacy training sessions run by Red Fox Society and our many community partners
- Certificates in First Aid, High Five, Food Safe and more
- Supportive mentoring from Red Fox Staff
- Active recreation outings throughout Metro Vancouver – cycling, hiking, canoeing and more
- School credit
- Honorarium for their participation!
Previous Red Fox Youth Leaders have joined our Youth Internship program, have been promoted to Red Fox employees, or are employed in recreation and community work with our community partners. These youth have become inspiring role models for the next generation of Red Fox children and youth.
“Whether it be stress from school or just a down mood in general, Red Fox knows how to lift my mood! Coming back again this year, I was able to be more of a leader and actually feel like I am contributing to this program. I am thankful for this opportunity, the connections I made and the experience I keep gaining.” – Riya Charla
For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to the following partners for making this program possible: